Skip to main content
Meeting Room Rules
- Reservations for a regular meeting by the same group will be accepted no more than three  months in advance. Conditional reservations may be accepted farther in advance with the understanding that the needs of the library may result in rescheduling or canceling the tentative booking.
- In general, a meeting room may be used no more than once a month for private or public meetings by an organization, chapter, division or branch of a group. The library cannot supply storage space.
- A library sponsored program will take precedence over community groups for use of the tentative scheduled room on that date or at that time. An attempt will be made to provide an alternative date or time for the group.
- The name, address or telephone number of the Puskarich Public Library may not be used as the contact person or official address or headquarters of any organization except those affiliated with the library.
- The use of the meeting room by a non-library group shall not be publicized in such a way as to imply library sponsorship of the group's activities unless the activity is being co-sponsored by the library.
- If refreshments are served, attendees are to be clearly advised by the group leader that food and/or beverages are not to be taken into any library areas other than the meeting room. Groups are expected to return the meeting room facilities to their original condition. A coffee maker will be available. Groups are responsible for providing their own supplies.
- Prompt notification to the library of cancellation of a meeting is required. It is the group leader's responsibility to notify its members/audience if the scheduled meeting or public program is to be canceled. The library does not post signs about such cancellations.
- The library is required to report statistics on use of its meeting rooms.
- An adult leader shall be present at all times and be responsible for the supervision of any groups of children under the age of eighteen using the meeting rooms.
- The meeting/program must be held within the confines of the meeting room and shall not cause disturbance to those using the library's public areas.
- No decorations, posters, or any other materials may be installed or displayed in the meeting room without prior library approval.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not permitted on library premises.
- During a meeting or program that is open to the public, no admission fee or donation requests are permitted. No items may be sold unless for the profit of the library or approved author visit. However, groups may charge a reasonable fee to recover the cost of materials, hand outs, craft making supplies, refreshments, etc. Arrangements for any such fees have to be approved at the time of booking the room reservation.
- The library may, on occasion, sponsor classes offering instruction in skills. Tuition fees to cover costs of supplies may be charged. The library may also allow its meeting rooms to be used by local school systems or area colleges and universities. In such cases, tuition fees may be charged.
- The library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints expressed by any group or individual using its meeting rooms. Meeting room use shall not be publicized in such a way as to imply library sponsorship.